AUBURN HILLS, Mich., (FNN NEWS) –
- All-new Alfa Romeo Giulia named in WardsAuto 10 Best Interiors List 2017 – marks first Alfa Romeo to receive the award in its first year of production
- Built around the driver, Alfa Romeo Giulia designers focused on simplistic elegance, with an emphasis on incorporating the essential elements for performance with the highest-quality luxury materials
- Stunning Italian design and crafted by Alfa Romeo artisans at the Cassino plant in Frosinone, Italy
- Giulia nameplate reflects a 55-year heritage of Alfa Romeo’s lightweight, performance sedan tradition and more than 105 years of brand history, carving its legend on road courses around the globe
- Giulia and Giulia Ti are on sale now with an MSRP of $37,995 and $39,995, respectively
- Giulia Quadrifoglio, the lineup’s halo model, is available now with a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggest Retail Price (MSRP) of $72,000
After spending two months evaluating 31 vehicle nominees and scoring each based on materials, ergonomics, driver information, safety, comfort, fit-and-finish and aesthetics, the editors at WardsAuto named the all-new 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia to the WardsAuto 10 Best Interiors List for 2017.
“From the F1-inspired steering wheel and creamy leather seats to the matte-finish genuine walnut trim on the doors, instrument panel and stylishly arrayed center console, the Giulia does its Italian design heritage proud,” said Tom Murphy, senior editor of WardsAuto. “Our editors rave about the expertly applied metallic accents, outstanding build quality, artistic lines, the intuitive control screen that blends neatly into the instrument panel and the tidy white stitching that sweeps across the soft-touch black IP and upper door trim.”
Crafted by Alfa Romeo artisans at the Cassino plant in Italy, the all-new 2017 Giulia is a testament to Alfa Romeo’s perfect balance of engineering and emotion, creating a premium sports sedan for driving enthusiasts that stands out in the segment, and is luxurious and comfortable on the inside.
Built around the driver, Alfa Romeo Giulia designers focused on simplistic elegance, with an emphasis on incorporating the essential elements for performance. Inside, Giulia’s high level of craftsmanship starts with an asymmetric-styled instrument panel, featuring a driver-focused cockpit crafted with an array of available leathers with accent stitching all featuring an embossed Alfa Romeo logo in the headrest, plus trim bezels in aluminum, wood or carbon fiber – all for a customized look that could only be crafted in Italy. A Formula-1-inspired steering wheel features a thick-rim profile that transmits the chassis’ direct-steering feel and neatly groups the vehicle controls and the engine start button. Behind the steering wheel, the Giulia features a full-color 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) instrument cluster straddled by two large white-on-black face analog gauges.
At the center of the interior, the brand’s all-new widescreen Information and Entertainment system is available in 6.5 inches or 8.8 inches and offers an intuitive, yet sophisticated series of features all elegantly “hidden” in the instrument panel. Below, in the center console, the rotary controller is ergonomically located and features a simple operation of the entertainment system. Last, the Alfa DNA selector is adjacent to the automatic shifter, enabling the driver to easily adjust the Alfa Romeo Giulia’s driving behavior.
In addition to the expansive list of standard features in the all-new Giulia, Giulia Ti adds even more luxury and convenience offerings, including standard 18-inch wheels, genuine wood interior accents, front park sensors, an 8.8-inch widescreen infotainment display along with heated steering wheel and heated front seats, while available Sport, Lusso and Performance packages further add to the performance and style of Giulia Ti.
The Giulia Ti also offers drivers three key packages, providing a unique collection of available features that further accentuate the bold Alfa Romeo characteristics:
- Ti Sport adds unique front and rear sport fascias, 19-inch dark 5-hole aluminum wheels, gloss black window trim surround, colored brake calipers, 12-way front power sport leather seats, including 4-way lumbar and power side bolsters, along with manual thigh extenders, sport leather steering wheel, aluminum column-mounted paddle shifters, aluminum sport pedals and footrest, and available aluminum trim interior accents
- Ti Lusso includes Luxury Pieno Fiore Italian leather seats with cannelloni inserts, 12-way power front seats including 4-way lumbar, leather-wrapped dash and upper door trim with accent stitching, genuine wood trim in dark grey oak or light walnut, luxury steering wheel and more
- Ti Performance Package adds an adaptive performance suspension, mechanical limited slip differential and aluminum column-mounted paddle shifters
With its muscular proportions and a “pure” design ethos of passion, lightness and simplistic elegance “clothing” its class-leading technical layout with near perfect 50/50 weight balance, the all-new 2017 Giulia exudes stunning and functional Italian style with a finesse of Alfa Romeo heritage, athletically taut lines and sculptural details.
Adding to the excitement of owning an Alfa Romeo Giulia are the personalization options that each enthusiast can select directly from Italy.
Inside the cabin, a variety of interior combinations are available across the Alfa Romeo Giulia model lineup. Five different seat styles, including luxury and sport seats, plus five different interior accents, which include genuine Dark Gray Oak, Light Walnut and brushed aluminum, can also be selected. Exclusive to Giulia Quadrifoglio, an array of five premium leather and Alcantara interior combinations paired with carbon fiber interior accents are available. First, an all-Black interior with a choice of Dark Gray, White and Green or Red accent stitching. A two-tone Black with Red interior with Red accent stitching further highlights the brand’s Italian design. For a bespoke look, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio also offers a two-tone Black with Ice interior combination with signature Green and White Quadrifoglio accent stitching that pulls from Alfa Romeo’s historic and high-performance logo.
For audiophile customers, Alfa Romeo Giulia offers the sophisticated Harman Kardon Premium Audio System, which delivers detail-rich audio output. The heart of the Sound Theatre system is a 900-watt 12-channel class D amplifier, which distributes clear sound through a system of 14 speakers for superior listening quality. With this sound system, occupants can experience the premium quality for which Harman Kardon is famed.
The performance of the 505-hp Giulia Quadrifoglio is foreshadowed by its uniquely elegant, yet aggressive, sense of Italian style.
Inside, the Giulia Quadrifoglio includes performance front leather and Alcantara® seats, featuring 14-way power, including 4-way lumbar and power bolsters and front adjustable thigh support. Ultra-lightweight carbon fiber Sparco® racing seats are also available to provide maximum lateral support during extreme cornering. Further interior features include Quadrifoglio-exclusive leather-wrapped steering wheel with column-mounted aluminum paddle shifters, aluminum sport pedals and footrest, leather-wrapped instrument panel with accent stitching and genuine carbon fiber interior accents.
SOURCE | Alfa Romeo Giulia