Orlando, FL –The Florida Film Festival announced the Grand Jury and Audience Awards of the 2018 Florida Film Festival at the Awards Ceremony on April 14th. The 27th Annual Florida Film Festival took place April 6-15, 2018, in Maitland and Winter Park, Florida, with Primary Sponsor Full Sail University and Primary Public Partners Orange County Government and the Florida Division of Cultural Affairs.
· Audience Award for Best Midnight Short – Hair Wolf – Directed by Mariama Diallo
· Special Jury Award for Directing: Caroline – Directed by Celine Held and Logan George
· Grand Jury Award for Best Animated Short – Shahkboy – Directed by Jake Peckar
· Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Short – Flatbush Misdemeanors – Directed by Dan Perlman and Kevin Iso
· Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary Short – The Tables – Directed by Jon Bunning
· Audience Award for Best Short Film – Let My People Vote – Directed by Gilda Ann Brasch
· Special Jury Award for Artistic Vision – The Last Race – Directed by Michael Dweck
· Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature – My Indiana Muse – Directed by Ric and Jen Serena
· Grand Jury Award for Best Documentary Feature – TransMilitary – Directed by Gabriel Silverman and Fiona Dawson
· Special Jury Award for Performance to Christina Parrish and Andrew Dismukes for Call Me Brother – Directed by David Howe
· Audience Award for Best Narrative Feature – Prison Logic – Directed by Romany Malco Jr.
· Grand Jury Award for Best Narrative Feature – Savage Youth – Directed by Michael Curtis Johnson
· Audience Award for Best International Feature – Soufra (USA/Lebanon) – Directed by Thomas Morgan
· Audience Award for Best International Short – The App (Spain) – Directed by Julián Merino