ORLANDO, Fla. (FNN NEWS) – Supervisor Daisy Morales won re-election by 256,342 (64%) votes, a supermajority over her opponent’s 144,241 (36%) votes, to retain her seat as Orange County Soil & Water Conservation District Supervisor for another four-year term. She currently serves as the Vice Chair of the Board of Supervisors and will become the next chair as a result of Chairman Eric Rollings‘ December 4 resignation.
Vice Chair Morales announced Monday the members of her transition team, a group that will advise her as she takes over as Chair on December 4.
“I look forward to working with this incredible team of people who have served the community for so many years,” Vice Chair Morales said. “Their expertise is invaluable and will help build a more active and financially sound conservation district.”
Morales has selected Orange County Commissioner Emily Bonilla to serve as transition team chair.
“I am one of the 256,342 Orange County voters who cast their vote to re-elect Supervisor Daisy Morales. There is no one more dedicated to our environment to lead the Orange County Soil and Water Conservation District as its next chair,” Commissioner Emily Bonilla said in a statement. “I am proud to stand by incoming chair Daisy Morales to advise her through the transition process and beyond.”
The following team will meet regularly to consult incoming Chair Morales on governing and compliance, operating budget, funding sources, new office space, new website and social media platforms, new initiatives, policies and programs, hiring District staff, associate supervisors and committee appointments, government and private sector partnerships and the execution of a 100-day plan:
- Honorable Emily Bonilla, Chair, Orange County Commissioner – District 5
- Honorable George Oliver, III, Ocoee City Commissioner – District 4
- Honorable Susan Clary, former Chairman, Orange County Soil & Water Conservation District
- Attorney Joel A. Montilla, 5thDistrict Regional Vice President, Puerto Rican Bar Association of Florida
- Willie David, III, President, Florida Civil Rights Association, Environmental Justice
- Julie Stayrook, Orange County Public Schools – Farmworker Career Development Program
- Lorraine Tuliano, State Committeewoman, Orange County Democratic Party
- Andrew Jeng, President, Civic Leadership Forum & Community Engagement
- Crystal Colon, Program Development and Grant Writer Specialist