ORLANDO, Fla. (FNN SPORTS) – UCF entered their final non-conference game with something to prove, especially against a school that is in a “Power 5” conference. Led by Heisman Trophy candidate McKenzie Milton, the UCF Knights are now 4-0 by defeating the Pittsburgh Panthers by the score of 45-14.
Milton went 18 for 34 yards and 4 touchdowns passing as the Knights jumped on the Panthers early and never trailed in the entire game. He also contributed two touchdowns rushing as the Knights had 568 yards in total offense. It’s the second game in a row where Milton had six touchdowns. Milton hit four different receivers for touchdowns as the Knights used just about every offensive weapon to defeat the Panthers.
McKenzie in the game moved up the school’s all-time quarterbacking records today as well. With his four touchdown passes, he passed Blake Bortles and moved into 4th all-time in school history for touchdown passes with 59. He also passed Steven Moffett for 6th all-time for passing attempts (86). Lastly, he passed Bortles for 4th all-time for career touchdown responsible for with 75.
Pittsburgh’s only points of the first half came from a 86-yard punt return for a touchdown by Rafael Araujo-Lopes late in the opening quarter. Outside of that, the Knights defense dominated Pittsburgh. The defense allowed Pitt to pass the Knights side of the field once in the game. They held the Panthers to 272 total yards, who got a late 58-yard touchdown pass from Kenny Pickett to Maurice Ffrench.
Milton opened up the scoring with a 5-yard touchdown run on the game’s opening series and threw a beautiful touchdown pass on a post pattern to Gabriel Davis (4 catches for 80 yards) to put the Knights up 14-0 in the opening 10 minutes of the game.
Adrian Killins Jr. had 180 all-purpose yards, including a 71-yard touchdown catch from Milton in the 3rd quarter.
UCF will return to Spectrum Stadium next Saturday night as they take on SMU at 7pm. The game will be televised on ESPNU.
- 1st – UCF – Milton 5-yard touchdown run (Matthew Wright extra point), 7-0
- 1st – UCF – Davis 24-yard touchdown catch from Milton (Wright extra point), 14-0
- 1st – PITT – Araujo-Lopes 86-yard punt return (Alex Kessman extra point), 14-7
- 2nd – UCF – Milton 23-yard touchdown run (Wright extra point), 21-7
- 2nd – UCF – Colublale 2-yard touchdown catch from Milton (Wright extra point), 28-7
- 2nd – UCF – Wright 21-yard field goal, 31-7
- 3rd – UCF – Killings Jr. 71-yard touchdown catch from Milton (Wright extra point), 38-7
- 4th – UCF – Anderson 13-yard touchdown catch from Milton (Wright extra point), 45-7
- 4th – PITT – Ffrench 58-yard touchdown catch from Pickett (Kessman extra point) 45-14
Danny Thompson is a sports contributor for Florida National News. | email@example.com