ORLANDO, Fla. — In appreciation of the Orlando Magic’s Hispanic fan base the Magic will host Noche Latina presented by FAIRWINDSCredit Union on Saturday, March 3 when the Magic host the Memphis Grizzlies at the Amway Center (tip off set for 7:00 p.m.).
The night includes a special postgame concert featuring Grammy Award-winning Grupo Mania. The Puerto Rican band, Grupo Mania, are considered one of the premier merengue acts over the last few decades. In addition to the concert, fans will enjoy Latino-inspired music, dance, food and more.
“We are so grateful for all of our fans and the support they show us every step of the way,” said Magic CEO Alex Martins. “Nights like these are just one small way to show our appreciation for their dedication and passion. We are also incredibly proud to have a partner like FAIRWINDS who shares our commitment to and celebration of our diverse Central Florida community.”
Other activities/specials at Amway Center in honor of Noche Latina include:
- Fan Fest (open to the public pregame outside Amway Center on Church St.) will feature a live performance by Grupo Swing with Salsa 98.1 providing music and Mountain Dew sampling
- First 5,000 fans to receive ‘thundersticks’ courtesy of FAIRWINDS
- Magic players will wear Noche Latina shooting shirts
- A limited edition Noche Latina-inspired shirt will be available at select retail outlets in Amway Center (photo link included above)
- Player introductions to be announced in Spanish by Magic Spanish radio broadcaster Joey Colon
- Traditional Hispanic food will be available throughout the Amway Center during the game
- The Magic Dancers will perform a special Latin-inspired routine
- Fans who spend $50 or more at the Magic Team Shop in Amway Center on a FAIRWINDS credit or debit card will receive a FREE New Era hat and a 12oz. Corkcicle Canteen
The Magic are also partnering with the Hispanic Office for Local Assistance (HOLA) – City of Orlando to host 50 Hispanic youth and families who relocated to Central Florida after being displaced by the hurricane in Puerto Rico. The families will receive a behind-the-scenes tour of Amway Center and have the opportunity to sit courtside pregame to watch team warmups.
Since its inception in 1989, the Magic have been committed to the Hispanic community and have instituted a variety of initiatives to reach its multicultural fan base throughout Central Florida. Under the leadership of Magic CEO Alex Martins, the Orlando Magic created a multicultural insights focus in 2008. The team’s goal is to create an inclusive environment in which community partners, fans and employees feel welcome, valued and appreciated.
Tickets are available to the March 3 Magic vs. Grizzlies matchup for Noche Latina presented by FAIRWINDS Credit Union by calling Ticketmaster at 1.800.4.NBA.TIX or going online www.orlandomagic.com/nochelatina