WASHINGTON, D.C. – On Tuesday Congressman Darren Soto, along with social justice leaders, held a press conference to call on the Trump administration in conjunction with the U.S. Attorney General Sessions to stop separating children from their families at the U.S. border.
- Rep. Darren Soto (FL-09), Chair, Civil Rights Task Force, Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Reverend Al Sharpton, President and Founder, National Action Network
- Ms. Janet Murguía, President and CEO, UnidosUs
- Mr. Jonathan Greenblatt, National Director & CEO, Anti-Defamation League (ATL)
- Ms. Kristen Clarke, President & Executive Director, Lawyers’ Committee on Civil Rights Under Law
- Hon. Marc Morial, President & CEO, National Urban League
- Ms. Melanie Campbell, President and CEO, National Coalition of Black Civic Participation
- Ms. Sherrilyn Ifill, President and Director-Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
- Ms. Vanita Gupta, President and CEO, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
WHERE: House Triangle on Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. 20016