ORLANDO, Fla. (FNN SPORTS) – UCF took its 12th place position in the College Football Playoff ranking into Saturday’s game against the UConn Huskies, trying to impress the voters to put them into the top 10. After having a few scary moments, McKenzie Milton’s two touchdown passes, two Otis Anderson touchdown runs and a few key defensive stops allowed the Knights to remain undefeated as they won by the score of 49 to 24.
Milton had another efficient game as he completed 24 for 36 for 311 passing yards, giving him his 5th 300-plus passing yard game of the season. He’s now tied for 3rd all-time for a single season. He also had a 4-yard rushing touchdown in the 3rd quarter. His second touchdown pass came on a 44-yard crossing pattern to his favorite target Tre’Quan Smith. That touchdown catch was Smith’s 9th of the season. Smith finished the game with 7 catches and 120 yards.
UCF’s Anderson finished with 85 yards rushing for the day, including the 65-yard touchdown to give the Knights the breathing room they needed to stay undefeated.
The Knights took the opening drive 11 plays and 78 yards and scored on an Anderson 3-yard touchdown run to open the scoring. After UConn responded with a 20-yard field goal, UCF ended the opening quarter by scoring two touchdowns (a 4-yard Adrian Killings run and Milton’s first touchdown pass of the game to Marlon Williams) to end the quarter at 21-3.
The Knights’ march to an undefeated season continues as they travel to Philadelphia next Saturday to take on the Temple Owls at 12pm. Their final regular season home game will be on November 24th (Black Friday) as they take on their in-state rival, the South Florida Golden Bulls.
- UCF – Otis Anderson 3-yard touchdown run – UCF 7-0
- UConn – Mike Tarbutt 20-yard field goal – UCF 7-3
- UCF – Adrian Killins, Jr. 4-yard touchdown run – UCF 14-3
- UCF – McKenzie Milton to Marlon Williams 6-yard touchdown pass – UCF 21-3
- UConn – David Pindell to Mason Donaldson 12-yard touchdown pass – UCF – 21-10
- UCF – McKenzie Milton to Tre’Quan Smith 44-yard touchdown pass – UCF – 28-10
- UConn – David Pindell 9-yard touchdown run – UCF- 28-17
- UCF – Otis Anderson 65-yard touchdown run – UCF – 35-17
- UCF – McKenzie Milton 4-yard touchdown run – UCF – 42-17
- UCF – Noah Vedral to Cam Stewart 35-yard touchdown catch – UCF – 49-17
Danny Thompson is a sports contributor for Florida National News. | email@example.com