Connect with us

Entertainment

Prince Harry and Meghan Sign Production Deal with Netflix

Published

on

FILE - In this Jan. 7, 2020, file photo, Britain's Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex leave Canada House in London. Six months after detangling their work lives from the British royal family, the couple have signed a multiyear deal with Netflix. According to a statement Wednesday, they plan to produce nature series, documentaries and children’s programming through a new production company. The two recently relocated to Santa Barbara, California, with baby Archie. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein, File)

NEW YORK (AP) — The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have a new home: Netflix.

Six months after detangling their work lives from the British royal family, Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have signed a multiyear deal to produce nature series, documentaries and children’s programming for the streamer, according to a statement Wednesday, September 2.

The two, who recently relocated to Santa Barbara, California, plan to focus on stories and issues that elevate diverse voices and other issues close to their hearts. Several projects are already in development, including a nature docu-series and a series focused on women who inspire.

“Our lives, both independent of each other and as a couple, have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection,” the pair said in the joint statement. ”Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.”

The couple also pledged to promote diversity behind the camera as their production company gets off the ground. Meghan has said she will not return to acting. She has done some voice work since the couple left the U.K. with baby Archie in search of their financial independence.

The prince worked closely with the filmmakers of the documentary “Rising Phoenix,” in which he also appears. It premiered last week on Netflix.

Ted Sarandos, co-CEO and chief content officer for Netflix, said in the statement that the decamped royals have “inspired millions of people all around the world with their authenticity, optimism and leadership.”

He said the company is proud they have made Netflix their creative home and looks forward to “telling stories with them that can help build resilience and increase understanding for audiences everywhere.”

Netflix also airs its award-winning series “The Crown,” following the reign of Harry’s grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II. News of the Sussex production deal comes after Netflix teased the fourth season of the popular drama, scheduled for release Nov. 15.

The new season picks up in the late 1970s, with Emma Corrin playing Harry’s mother, Princess Diana.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Entertainment

Janet Jackson “Together Again” Tour with Special Guest Nelly at Kia Center!

Published

on

Source: Kia Center

ORLANDO, Fla (FNN) – Get ready for an explosive night of music at Kia Center on Saturday, July 20th at 8 PM, as Janet Jackson headlines her “Together Again” tour with special guest Nelly!

Experience a dynamic blend of iconic hits as Janet Jackson dazzles with classics like “Rhythm Nation,” “Together Again,” and more, while Nelly brings the heat with his chart-toppers such as “Hot in Herre,” “Dilemma,” and “Country Grammar.”

Imagine the synergy when these two music powerhouses share the stage for one unforgettable evening. Don’t miss your chance to witness their electrifying performances and create lasting memories at Kia Center!

Secure your tickets now for Janet Jackson and Nelly live in concert – it will be a night you won’t want to miss!

https://www.kiacenter.com/

_____________________________

Kareen Kennedy is the Assistant Editor for Florida National News
kareen.kennedy@floridanationalnews.com

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Celebrate Dry July at The BANDBOX: New Weekend Hours and Alcohol-Free Indulgence Await!

Published

on

ORLANDO, Fla – (FNN) – As Dry July continues to unfold, keep the momentum going at The BANDBOX, Orlando’s premier alcohol-free haven in the heart of Ivanhoe Village Main Street district! Whether you’re supporting those affected by cancer or embracing a healthier lifestyle, there’s no better place to stay committed.

Recently adjusting its schedule due to ongoing expansion, The BANDBOX now exclusively welcomes guests on Fridays and Saturdays from 7 PM to midnight. Since its grand opening in July 2022, The BANDBOX has redefined refreshment with a menu curated by owner Kevin Zepf, offering craft cocktails, wine, CBD beverages, and craft beer—all crafted without alcohol! This innovative approach not only enhances flavors but also sidesteps the neurotoxic effects associated with alcohol.

Pair your drinks with delectable small plates and bites, each designed to complement the unique flavors of your beverage choices. Whether you crave something savory or sweet, our menu promises to please every palate.

Join us at The BANDBOX and continue celebrating Dry July in style, where health-conscious meets chic in Orlando’s Ivanhoe Village. Whether you’re toasting to good health, enjoying a night out with friends, or simply savoring the moment, The BANDBOX guarantees an experience like no other.

Indulge in our signature Blueberry Bombshell, a tantalizing blend of blueberry, ginger, mint, and CBD that promises to awaken your taste buds. Or opt for the Fire in the Engine, a spicy mango margarita twist that packs a punch without the alcohol!

Make your reservations today and continue supporting a healthier lifestyle at The BANDBOX. Cheers to you, and to keeping Dry July alive and well!

___________________

Kareen Kennedy is the Assistant Editor for Florida National News.kareen.kennedy@floridanationalnews.com

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Remembering Shannen Doherty: Actress and Icon of TV Pop Culture, Passes Away at 53

Published

on

ORLANDO, Fla. (FNN) -In a somber moment for fans of television and entertainment alike, actress Shannen Doherty passed away on Saturday, July 13, at the age of 53. Doherty, known for her impactful roles in iconic TV series such as “Beverly Hills, 90210,” “Charmed,” and “Little House on the Prairie,” left an indelible mark on the landscape of TV pop culture.

Doherty’s death was confirmed by her publicist, Leslie Sloane who cited complications from a long battle with breast cancer. The actress had been diagnosed with the disease in 2015 and had been open about her struggles and treatments over the years.

Born on April 12, 1971, in Memphis, Tennessee, Doherty began her acting career at a young age and quickly became a household name in the 1990s. Her breakout role as Brenda Walsh in “Beverly Hills, 90210” catapulted her to fame, where she portrayed the spirited and sometimes controversial character with both vulnerability and charisma.

In addition to her work on “Beverly Hills, 90210,” Doherty gained early recognition for her portrayal of Jenny Wilder on “Little House on the Prairie.” This role showcased her talent and versatility even in her formative years as an actress.

Beyond these early successes, Doherty continued to captivate audiences with her role as Prue Halliwell in the supernatural drama “Charmed.” Her portrayal of the eldest Halliwell sister, gifted with telekinesis and a sharp wit, solidified her as a beloved figure among fans of the genre.

Throughout her career, Doherty was known not only for her acting prowess but also for her resilience and determination in the face of personal challenges. Her battle with cancer served as an inspiration to many, as she courageously shared her journey through social media and interviews, advocating for awareness and early detection.

In addition to her television roles, Doherty appeared in numerous films and television movies, showcasing her versatility as an actress. Her impact on the entertainment industry extended beyond her performances, influencing generations of viewers who grew up watching her on screen.

Tributes to Doherty have poured in from fans and colleagues alike, remembering her for her talent, strength, and unwavering spirit. Fellow actors and friends have taken to social media to express their condolences and share memories of working alongside her.

As the news of Shannen Doherty’s passing reverberates across the entertainment world, her legacy as a trailblazer in TV pop culture remains intact. Her contributions to the industry and her portrayal of memorable characters will continue to resonate with audiences for years to come.

Doherty is survived by her husband, photographer Kurt Iswarienko, and her close-knit family. Plans for memorial services have not yet been announced.

 

____________________________________

Kareen Kennedy is the Assistant Editor for Florida National News

kareen.kennedy@floridanationalnews.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement Ticket Time Machine ad
Advertisement Orlando Regional REALTOR Association logo
Advertisement Parts Pass App
Advertisement Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando
Advertisement
Advertisement African American Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida
Advertisement FNN News en Español
Advertisement Indian American Chamber of Commerce logo
Advertisement Florida Sports Channel

FNN Newsletter

Trending