VERO BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A food truck exploded during a seafood festival in Florida on Saturday, sending one person to the hospital with severe burns, according to authorities.
The Vero Beach police said state and local fire officials are investigating the cause of the explosion. The department posted photos of the scene on Facebook that showed the sides and roof of the truck blown off the vehicle.
One person was flown to a hospital burn unit in Orlando. There were no other injuries and the festival continued as authorities secured the scene of the explosion, police said.
Dezerland Action Park Orlando to host FAMILYFEST THIS WEEKEND
ORLANDO, Fla. – Looking for an action-packed weekend? Check out FAMILYFEST which, comes to Dezerland Action Park Orlando this weekend! Did we mention it’s FREE?
Orlando International Airport Pushing 50 Million Passenger Mark, Again
ORLANDO, FL. – With a strong start to the holiday travel season in November, Orlando International Airport (MCO) came dramatically close to breaking the 50 million passenger barrier, again. Previously, MCO shattered the mark before the pandemic and it was not predicted to fully rebound again until at least 2025.
“We have far exceeded anyone’s expectations for traffic growth at Orlando International Airport,” says Kevin Thibault, Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. “On a rolling 12-month basis, MCO welcomed 49.7 million passengers as of November. If you break that down even further, it is about two days-worth of traffic shy of 50 million.”
For the month of November, MCO was bolstered once again by robust international traffic, which climbed over 85 percent. Those numbers were also affected by the resumption of service by Sunwing to Toronto. Another key factor, MCO recorded the third-lowest domestic air fares in the country from July through September for the top 50 U.S. airports.
Rolling 12-month Traffic Statistics:
- International traffic is up by triple digits with a 225 percent increase over the same 12-month period in 2021 with 5,352,825 total international passengers.
- Domestic traffic climbed 21.04 percent year-over-year to 44,350,955 passengers at MCO.
- Combined, overall traffic at MCO for the 12-month rolling total was up 29.82 percent to 49,703,780 passengers.
November 2022 Traffic Statistics:
- International traffic climbed 85.35 percent with a total of 466,169 international arrivals and departures.
- Domestic passenger traffic was up 3.83 percent on 3,772,635 total travelers for the month.
- Combined, traffic was up 9.11 percent with a grand total of 4,238,804 arrivals and departures at MCO.
Tank America now open in Orlando
- Business4 days ago
Raising Canes Opens Clearwater Location to Rave Reviews
- FNN Good News & Reviews15 hours ago
FNN Good News & Reviews: Big Bounce America Brings the World’s Largest Bounce House to Orlando
- NFL4 days ago
Tom Brady: ‘I’m Retiring for Good’
- Florida9 hours ago
Disney World unions vote down offer covering 45,000 workers
- USA1 hour ago
US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China