ORLANDO, Fla. (FNN SPORTS) – Source: Orlando Magic // The Orlando Magic will host 37 basketball camp sessions, designed for boys and girls ages 7-17 of all skill levels, across Central Florida this summer along with one overnight camp and a special needs youth clinic. The Orlando Magic Youth Basketball program has expanded into the Tampa area with seven new locations. Registration for camps is officially open and limited space is still available for all sessions.
In addition to the 30 day camps, the Magic are hosting one overnight camp at Webber International University in Babson Park, Fla. (July 25-July 29), which includes all meals and housing. This overnight camp draws in participants from several countries around the world including Mexico, Germany, France, Belgium and Spain. The Orlando Magic and Bounce Out The Stigma ® will also hold a special needs youth basketball clinic for children at Barnett Park Recreation Center on June 3 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Bounce Out The Stigma ®, the 2019 Jr. NBA Program of the Year, serves children and young adults with neurological and functional disorders, such as Autism, Epilepsy, ADD, ADHD, Asperger syndrome and Down syndrome.
Other camp offerings include a one-day “Mini Camp” for youth ages 6-12 at St. Mary Magdalen Catholic School on July 16 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., along with four half-day camps.
Each camp session offers the following:
- Special guest appearances
- Expert instruction provided by The National Basketball Academy
- Personalized attention with a coach (no greater than a 1:10 coach-to-camper ratio)
- Basketball lectures, drills, skill development stations and live games
- Individual player evaluations provided by coaches
- An official camp T-shirt, full-size NBA basketball, Magic bag and more
- One ticket to a 2022-‘23 Orlando Magic home game at Amway Center
To register for any Orlando Magic Youth Basketball Camp or for more information, call 407-488-7214 or go to www.orlandomagicyouth.com.