Video content is the highest form of content marketing in 2013. Thought leaders are buzzing about it on LinkedIn and across marketing blogs all over the web. In fact, according to a joint study by the Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs, video usage jumped 18% from 2011 to 2012, and was the 6th most popular marketing tactic of 2012 (70%).
Furthermore, a sample at some of the most successful bloggers and entrepreneurs reveal that videos are one thing they commonly share:
- Marketing expert Derek Halpern uploads videos regularly on his blog (in between podcasts)
- Sassy business coach and former Hip Hop dancer-turned-millionaire Marie Forleo uploads videos every week on her blog
- Prolific writer, successful self-published author, and writing coach Sean Platt has a weekly copywriting video series
As if you don’t have enough to worry about with your business’ marketing plan, right? However, integrating videos into your marketing plan may not only skyrocket your company’s customer engagement, but also lead to increased social sharing as well.
Want to take your business there? Here are 3 impactful articles that will point you in the right direction.
3 Actionable Articles on Getting Started with Video Content Marketing
1. 5 Great Reasons To Use Video For Content Marketing – Joshua Hardwick of ShortyMedia guest posts on marketing expert Danny Brown’s blog about why it’s important to incorporate video into your business’ content marketing strategy.
2. Why Online Video Is Vital For Your 2013 Content Marketing Objectives – Forbes contributor Sean Rosensteel explains why video is such an important component of content marketing and offers 3 web companies that can help you get started.
3. 5 Online Video Mistakes That Make You Look Like a Rookie – Maria Brilaki of Fitness Reloaded guest posts at ThinkTraffic and breaks down the technical aspects of producing quality videos.
What are your thoughts on video content marketing? Do you use it for your business? Let us know in a comment below.
Flickr photo by Hard-100.