ORLANDO, Fla. (FNN NEWS) – Florida Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisor Daisy Morales hosted the 2nd annual Earth Day Forum and Awareness Tour at the Orange County Extension Education Center in Orlando, Friday, April 22, 2016.
“Earth Day is a time to reflect on our efforts to protect the world’s irreplaceable resources – the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the land we use for future generations,” stated Supervisor Morales who was elected to public office in November 2014 and represents Orange County, Florida.
“Recycle, restore, reuse, reduce and replenish are five environmentally friendly habits our citizens and the business community should adopt for a sustainable Orange County,” Supervisor Morales stated during an interview with Florida National News.
Speakers and Presenters
This year’s Earth Day forum included speakers from the United States Department of Agriculture – Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS),University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS), American Textile Recycling Services (ATRS), and PathoSans Cleaning Technologies who shared their experience and expertise on protecting the environment.
Earth Day Appreciation Awards
Supervisor Morales also presented 12 Earth Day appreciation awards to individuals and organizations who have made significant contributions to her annual Earth Day Forum and Awareness Tour event.
This year’s recipients are as follows:
- Russell Morgan, State Conservationist, United States Department of Agriculture – Natural Resources Conservation Service (Keynote Speaker)
- Richard V. Tyson, Orange County Extension Director, University of Florida – Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (Speaker and Earth Day Tour)
- Brian Papenfuss, Market Team Manager, American Textile Recycling Services (Speaker)
- Larry Smith, Representative, PathoSans Cleaning Technologies (Product Presentation)
- Pastor Reynold Jean-Baptiste, RJB Christian School (Invocation)
- Dr. Virginia Bouret, President & CEO, PREPA Foundation (Moderator)
- Julie Rojas-Stayrook, Program Assistant, Farmworker Jobs and Education, Orange County Public Schools (Volunteer)
- Tarcisia Milano, NHT Global (Volunteer)
- Tom Evans, Tom Evans Entertainment (Sponsor)
- Pickers Health, Inc. (Sponsor)
- Walmart (Sponsor)
- Florida National News (Sponsor)
For additional information on event photos, visit Florida National News’ facebook page.