WINTER PARK, Fla. (FNN NEWS) – Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings and Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer hold a COVID-19 press briefing in front of the Orange County Emergency Operations Center at 3pm Friday, March 20, 2020.
Top takeaways from the press briefing:
- Residents must continue to practice social distancing at all times and be mindful of unnecessary trips and social interactions.
- To help ensure public safety measures and encourage social distancing, a daily curfew for Orange County has been implemented (March 20, 2020), effective daily from 11 p.m. through 5 a.m.
- Exemptions for the curfew include essential workers like medical, government and first responders, as well as residents reporting for regular work. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office will enforce this curfew starting March 20, 2020 and moving forward.
COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program:
- Because of the hardship in our community, we are offering a COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program to help those who reside in Orange County.
- This is a one-time benefit for one month’s rent assistance for Orange County residents only.
- Orange County Government has established a Crisis Assistance Hotline at 407-836-6500. Hours, criteria, and additional information can be found in the Resident Recourses tab on ocfl.net/coronavirus.
- Appointments will not be given to Orange County residents who are receiving payment from their employer. You MUST call for an appointment.
- Governor Ron DeSantis has issued an Executive Order that directs all restaurants and food establishments in the state to suspend on-premise food and alcohol for consumption. The listed establishments may, however, operate their kitchens for the purpose of providing delivery or take-out services.
- The Executive Order also requires the closures of gyms and fitness centers within the state.
Anxiety is Normal:
- In times of stress, many times anxiety can overwhelm some of us, and that is understandable and normal. Residents are asked to stay calm, informed and measured as Orange County Governments implements a proactive and planned response.
- Take care of yourself and family – both physically and mentally. Information is power and arms you with the reassurance you need for yourself, loved ones and neighbors.