TwitterFacebookPinterestGoogle+

What’s Your Business Brand Color? [Infographic]

Branding“The first point of interaction is shaped by the color, and color is the most memorable sense. Before anything else, they [customers] see color.” – Leslie Harrington, executive director of The Color Association and a color consultant

If you’ve been indecisive or cavalier about your brand’s color until now, consider this: according to Inc.com’s Eric Markowitz, case studies revealed that brand color influences people’s buying decision by 60 to 80 percent.

That’s big.

So, with that in mind, what’s your business color? If you haven’t chosen one yet or you’re ready to rebrand your company, here’s a primer for you (including Marketo.com’s detailed infographic) of business colors and their psychological meanings.

(You’ll want to bookmark this.)


9 Key Business Brand Colors and Their Meanings

Red: aggressive, attention-grabbing, provocative, energetic

Orange: exuberant, fun, playful, vitality

Yellow: motivation, light, positivity, warmth, creativity

Green: health, serenity, prestige, wealth

Blue: trustworthy, responsible, secure, dependable

Purple: nostalgia, mystery, royalty, sophistication, spirituality

Brown: earthlike, simplistic, durable, natural

Black: prestige, value, sophistication, timeliness

White: soft, noble, clean, pure

Now that you know the colors, here’s how you can use them.


Brand color versatility can help, by the way.

Rest assured, you’re never confined to using just one color for your brand, but if that works, then by all means use it. According to Marketo.com’s infographic below, 95% of the world’s top brands use one or two colors, while the remaining 5% use more than two.

Furthermore, Markowitz’s article mentions that having a two- or multicolor brand at the outset is helpful in rebranding: when you decide to give your company a fresh face, but perhaps wish to hang on to part of its reliant past, rebranding can be as simple as losing one color and keeping the other(s).

Notice Wendy’s recent makeover? Its iconic logo was red and white with a yellow accent for many years, but they’ve now dropped the yellow.


Whatever brand color(s) you choose, keep things consistent.

Branding is a key part of your company’s identity, so be sure to include your brand color(s) in everything your company produces – your social media accounts, printed marketing materials (ads, brochures, flyers, reports, white papers, folders/packaging, and books), and in digital marketing (blogs, video graphics, webinars, slideshows, and the company logo).

Using inconsistent coloring creates customer/client confusion. Make sure your company stays on message with what it stands for, and your prospects will follow suit.

 

We at Ready Inc. can take the bite out of the branding process and consult with you to design an identity that’s right for your business. Contact us to learn more.

 

True Colors: What Your Brand Colors Say About Your Business by Marketo

 

Flickr photo by pawpaw67.

Leave a Reply

MORE WORLD NEWS

World Health Organization (WHO) Launches Health for All Film Festival 2020

WHO is launching its first ever film festival on 16, 21 and 22 May 2020.…

Domingo won’t perform at Tokyo Olympics cultural events

TOKYO (AP) — The Tokyo Olympics organizing committee said Friday opera legend Placido Domingo has…

Residents of northeast Syria city pelt departing US troops

AKCAKALE, Turkey (AP) — Angry over the U.S. withdrawal, residents of a Kurdish-dominated Syrian city…

Mission Resolve Foundation Purchases Forklifts and Provides Forklift Training to NEMA Grand Bahama

FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. (FNN NEWS) - Source: Mission Resolve Foundation // Mission Resolve Foundation purchased…

Ukraine reviews case into company that employed Biden son

ZHYTOMYR, Ukraine (AP) — Ukraine’s Prosecutor General said on Friday that his office is reviewing…

Court calls US “enhanced interrogation techniques” torture

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A federal court in San Francisco took the unusual step of…